Saturday, August 29, 2020

Getting the ESP8266 connected!

 Heh, this was a tad easier than I thought, after a bit of Googling of course.

Followed the instructions here and under Board Manager, select Generic 8266 Module

Once this one done, managed to upload the Blink example sketch and it is working.

I think next step is to try and attach a 16x2 text display then see if I can get it to access the Bacon Ipson API to print out some text!


Unsure of what sort of grunt I can expect out of such a tiny board, but Wi-Fi capable makes it pretty powerful in its own right! Next plans might be using BlueTooth to control the vest (once I fix it and make a new one that fits)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Windows 11, Bare metal and in a VM!?!

 Wait what? Currently I run Pop OS 22.04 as my daily driver. I have the same installed on my work laptop. This came about as I found while d...